Malissa's World

Trying to keep up with the Joneses isn't easy, but we will try to help you with a glimpse of our life in our blog.

Saturday, December 1, 2012

Art

I have added art to our curriculum. I purchase a book called:Teach art to kids. I thought it would be a good way to get them to do interesting things and techniques real artist incorporate in their design.

Today's assignment was to do demonstrate lines. The book suggested they draw lines, but the kids do not really like drawing..just yet. :) I am trying to get them interested in art, shapes, and drawing by making it fun.

So I had some strips cut out and I explained the direction the strips needed to go. Of course some need to be placed diagonal, horizontal, and vertical. They had fun with the glue and I did by best by not allowing it to go all over the place.

Here is what they came up with:

The yellow one is Jillian's, the red one is Sebastian, and the blue one is Braedon's. I just love how each one is different and shows a bit of their personalities.

No comments:

Post a Comment